Friday, February 10, 2012

Three Day Week and a Plea from ME


What an exciting time! Headed up on a FIVE.DAY.WEEKEND. I want to say, to the perhaps two of you who check this blog, that I am kind of dreading this week and next because I think it has become fashionable and legendary to hate Heart of Darkness. I don't who started it, many years ago, but I do know that everyone thinks it's the "in thing" to hate it. I would like, VERY MUCH, for you to open your minds and ignore your biases against it and give it a fair shot. It is a dense book, but very short. There are complex themes, but big ideas that generate great discussion. It is dark (hence the title), but chock full of imagery. JUST GIVE IT A TRY. OK?

Monday, 2/13
Presentation of Macbeth Desktops
If time remains, work on multiple choice practice.
DUE: Desktops

Tuesday, 2/14
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Presentation of Mac projects and memorization.
If time remains, work on MC practice.
DUE: Mac project/memorization

Wednesday, 2/15
Intro to HOD
Read Part 1 for homework. If you have a busy Tuesday night (21st) planned, go ahead and read Part 2 as well over this long weekend.

0 comments: