Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Oh, what a tangled web..."


When I looked at this word web, that little saying is the first thing that came to my mind. Interestingly enough, it fits the plot of Macbeth perfectly. I did a little word webbing with Mac last year, but this year I added this element at the very end of the play. I must say, I LOVED it! I wrote Macbeth and Murder on the board. The first student to volunteer had to added a word and connect that word to one of mine. From the second student to the last, they had to add a word and make two connections to words already on the board. The depth of their insight, the interesting perspective some of them presented... I was in English teacher heaven!!! It might have been my favorite new activity this year. I can't wait to try it out with my English IV classes!

0 comments: