Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week of January 21

First of all, I am so happy that we are only here for THREE DAYS!!! Life is truly good at CHS. :)

Wednesday, January 21
Define Unit 1
Anglo-Saxon notes
Read section 1 (18-30) of Beowulf
DUE: SM 1 and 2

Thursday, January 22
Discuss section 1
Epithets
Assign sections 2 and 3

Friday, January 23
Archetypes
Discuss Beowulf
Assign Exeter Book
DUE: Final draft of College App Essay
SM 3

There is a lot to discuss with Beowulf. I hope that you all are on board for a great discussion.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mrs. davis, um im not sure how to blog, im not very computer savvy... i dont even know if this is where i write my comment for the week but im going to go ahead and write a comment any way. well first of all, please dont take my opinion to offense, but when it comes to beowulf my opinion is not a positive one. I thought beowulf was lame. To me it seemed like the type of story they read to prisoners at guantanamo bay for torture during interrogation to make them squeal. It just rambles on with very descriptive adjectives and then when it gets to the battle scenes its like "and beowulf saw grendel, and then he killed the beast" and thats all the story has to say about it. To me the battle scenes are the action and climax of the story, so the least they could do would be to make the scenes longer and more interesting. I don't know, beowulf just wasnt my cup of tea. Maybe i will like some of these poems im about to read. Thats about all i have to say about beowulf, so im signing off...