Friday, November 20, 2015

Nuggets from the Frankenstein Seminar

I wrote down a few quotes that really hit me from your Frankenstein discussion which, by the way, was the best EVER. :)

One person said, in regard to Victor, "The world wasn't his responsibility." I wonder, is this an example of a personal philosophy? I disagree to my very core with this statement, but I think my life's philosophy is why I respond to viscerally to that. What do you think about that idea? WAS the world Victor's responsibility? IS the world OUR responsibility?

I also loved a statement I heard that people were "struggling with who they were versus who they were supposed to be". GOOD GRIEF. I can't even express the many levels of connection I have with that quote.

Last, and this one was Grant, I know: "You can't create life and not be willing to be responsible for it." WOW.

0 comments: